Tuesday, October 23, 2007

THE COMPLETE LIST OF AA SAYINGS

With thanks to several contributors

In no particular order:

• Keep coming back, it works if you work it.
. Sobriety takes priority.
. There life long recovery.
. There is no cure from the disease.
• Sit down, shut up and listen.
• If you think the program is too simple, go out and drink some more. By the time you get back you'll be simple enough for the program.
• First things first
• Keep it simple, stupid (K.I.S.S.)
• What step are you on.
• Does anyone have a burning desire.
• We got a chair here with your name on it.
• It's always easier to take somebody else's inventory.
• I'm really grateful to be here.
• I thank my HP for my sobriety.
• I don't know where I'd be without my sponsor.
• Get a sponsor.
• Don't drink and go to meetings.
• My ass was on fire.
• If drinking doesn't bring you to your knees, sobriety will.
• When you sober up a horse thief, all you have is a sober horse thief
• Easy does it
• One day at a time
• If you fly with crows, you get shot at
• GOD: Good, Orderly Direction
• HALT: Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired
• I got sick of being sick and tired
• It's easy to talk the talk, but you have to walk the walk
• Gratitude is an attitude
• You have to give it away in order to keep it
• Fake it till you make it
• It's a selfish program
• Stick with the winners
• Keep coming back
• Just for today
• I've been here a few 24 hours
• HIT: Hang In There
• Under every dress there's a slip
• FEAR: False Expectations Appearing Real
• Let go and let God
• FEAR : Face Everything And Recover!
• EGO: Edging God Out!
• We came, we came to, we came to believe
• Daniel didn't go back to the lion's den to get his hat
• If you stick with the bunch, you'll get peeled
• It gets better
• The doors swing both ways
• It's the engine that kills you, not the caboose
• You have to put in the time
• Put the plug in the jug
• We suffer from alcohol-ISM, not alcohol-WASM
• Try it for 90 days, and if you don't like it, we'll gladly refund your misery
• Don't drink, and go to meetings
• Some people drink normally, and I normally drink
• I'm glad to be here, and glad to be sober
• The person with the most sobriety is the one who got up earliest this morning
• A slip is a premeditated drunk
• Keep your cock (or cash, or car) out of AA
• AA is the easier, softer way
• Go to meetings when you want to, and go to meetings when don't want to
• It's been a good meeting so far
• I've heard a lot of good things said at this meeting
• My worst day sober was better than my best day drunk
• None of us got here form drinking too much coffee
• We have a disease that tells us we don't have a disease
• We have a living problem, not a drinking problem
• We have a thinking problem, not a drinking problem
• Thank you for my sobriety
• There are no elevators in AA, only steps
• If you don't want to slip, stay away from slippery places
• The mind is like a parachute, it works better when it's open
• Alcoholics are more sensitive than average
• Alcoholics work harder than average
• Alcoholics are more intelligent that average
• There's no gain without pain
• Thank you for sharing my pain
• Pain is the touchstone of progress
• My daily sobriety is contingent on my spiritual condition
• Yesterday is a cancelled cheque, tomorrow is a promissory note, only today is cash in the bank.

No comments: