Monday, December 21, 2009


TRADITION NINE

AA, as such, ought never to be organized; but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.

No one in the AA service board or others can give order or punish a member. It is recognized that alcoholics can’t be dictated to – individually or collectively. When a fellow does not follow the suggestions of 12 steps, he almost signs his own death warrant and these results from his personal disobedience to spiritual principles.

This tradition discloses a society animated only by the spirit of service-a true fellowship.

AA fellow should answer the following questions him self regarding this tradition:

1. Do I still try to boss things in AA?
2. Do I resist formal aspects of AA because I fear them as authoritative?
3. Am I mature enough to understand and use all elements of the AA program, even if no one makes me do so with a sense of personal responsibility?
4. Do I exercise patience and humility in any AA job I take?
5. Am I aware of all those to whom I am responsible in any AA job?
6. Why doesn’t every AA group need a constitution and bylaws?
7. Have I learned to step out of an AA job gracefully and profit thereby when the time comes?

No comments: