Monday, December 21, 2009


TRADITION TWO

For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority-a loving God as he may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.

This tradition deals with group conscience, rather than any authority vested in our leaders. No erring member can be cast in to darkness by the board of directors.

AA fellow should ask the following questions to himself:

1. Does the old timer think they can run this group forever?
2. The committee does not give any spiritual advice or orders or judges any one.
3. “Elder statesmen” and “Bleedings deacons” is another good description of this tradition.
4. Do I criticize or do I trust and support my group officers, AA committees, and office workers? Newcomers? Old-timers?
5. Am I absolutely trustworthy, even in secret, with AA twelfth step jobs or other AA responsibility?
6. Do I look for credit in my AA jobs? Praise for my AA ideas?
7. Do I have to save face in-group discussion, or can I yield in good spirit to the group consensus and work cheerfully along with it?
8. Although I have been sober for some time, am I still willing to serve my turn at AA chores?
9. In group discussions, do I sound off about matters on which I have no experience and little knowledge?

No comments: